19 December 2011

leave it by the waterside

just leave it all behind
don't think of me
don't talk to me
don't wish upon a star

because I don't want to remember
I don't want to care

all I am am,
I let you in
I let you into my soul
and you just let me go

I wished on everything
that you would stay
that you would say hello
when all you could do was goodbye

I know it's not easy to make
these choices
but it's the difficult things
that are worth it

but after all this
after all we've been through
I guess you don't feel as I do
I guess you don't care

thank you for teaching me all about life
and love and heartbreak
I couldn't have asked for a better teacher

I don't want your sorry
I don't want a goodbye
Don't wish me well
don't touch me

just take what you have
what is yours and go
and leave it by the waterside
let the tide take it away....

No comments:

Post a Comment